View Single Post
04-05-2013, 11:12 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I don't like trading 1 for 3 but as stated previously, I do think Gaborik may be on the downside of his career. He is not (and in his entire time with the Rangers) was never the player he was in Minnesota. Maybe it was the pressure of New York. I don't think it was the coaching because Lemaire is Tortorella with a French accent. And I don't think it was as much of a personal blowup as some people do. To me, it's simple. There's a salary cap to deal with and he was a luxury that ultimately could not be afforded. And very possibly in the Rangers eyes, he was a declining asset and they decided to get as much value for him as they could find. Better to make the trade a year early than a year late.
Personally I do not care of he scores a 100 goals next season as long as they are not against us it will not matter . It was the best trade Slats could have made at this point of the season after every GM saw just what kind of game or lack of it that was displayed by Gabby in the season thus heart...not a team guy...and soft as toilet tissue even for a goal scorer . Phil Kessel has more toughness at the moment . He is as many have fast on the downside .

We got back 3 pieces...that fill holes on our team that could not be filled by minor league guys or waiver wire catches . That is the most important part to remember in all of this plus we have some salary freed up...albeit not much and Brassard showed me more on the PP in one game than Gabby showed over the course of 2 seasons on it .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote