Old
04-05-2013, 11:31 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Comedy
First of all Dallas was taking runs at our players and its gonna get worse.
They are too small and even taking away fighting lines 2-4 are gonna get grinded down physically during the playoffs.
Lol at your examples of toughness as well
You realize don't you that my examples are why we keep winning, you know the object of the game. I don't know what runs you're talking about because I saw one team with the puck all night and the other without it. I didn't any of our players get run over. I also didn't see us taking any penalties and if you've been paying attention to anything but much these men are running into each other you would notice that we're not very good at killing penalties.

Also the whole "wearing out the opponent" thing. Did the Red Wings, Penguins, Blackhawks or Kings have to wear down their opponents when they each won the Cup? I recall watching talented hockey teams beat their opponents with superior skill not superior "toughness." The argument could be made for us in 07 and the Bruins in 11 but those were the styles of those coaches and GMs. This team wouldn't be successful with those types of players and that type of hockey.

I really wish you could learn to enjoy watching a very talented hockey team playing at a high level. It's been a lot of fun. Let me ask you this: would you prefer a team that is full of "tough" players that loses in the first round or this team losing in say the second or third round? I know if they win the Cup or even get there you will be happy because only a crazy person wouldn't be happy that our team that wasn't even supposed to make the playoffs actually made it to the Stanley Cup Final. I'm curious.

TheJoeMan is online now   Reply With Quote