View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I agree with your reasoning behind Tinordi over Beaulieu but as far as I'm concerned (like a couple people have posted) I'd put Beaulieu ahead of Tinordi on the sole purpose that if Beaulieu works on those things you mentionned earlier (which he can do over the next year in the AHL) he would be ahead of Tinordi on the depth chart. Obviously Tinordi is the safer bet to reach his potential as that tough #4 defenseman who can kill penalties. Beaulieu impressed me with his vision but like you said he still has to learn some things defensively when it comes to positioning or gaining strenght (which is the one thing he has to put the most emphasis during the summer IMO, he was getting way too outmuscled in his short stint, and it wasn't by imposing players either). I see Beaulieu as a bigger John Michael Liles in a couple years.
For me personally ranking prospects, I wouldn't put Beaulieu over Tinordi based on what you say that if Beaulieu works on those things as I would rather wait and see the improvement first. I actually have been ranking Beaulieu higher in the past, this is the first time I have ranked Tinordi over Beaulieu as I ended up being more impressed with Tinordi although clearly I have them very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Why is Nygren so low ? Guy was one of the better dman in the SEL and not just on offense from what Swedish posters have said.
We'll see how he handles the smaller ice

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote