View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
This going to be a tough one for the Pens - the Rangers can't afford losses and the Pens have wins to burn. They need a good fight right off the bat. Engelland needs to hammer somebody and get the Pens fired up - because the Rangers are going to be regardless.
I would not be so sure about that.

1. The Pens did not just lose the last two games. They were embarrassed. I doubt we see the same lack of effort or caring, at home, against the same team that just kicked their ***** and who they may see in the first round of the playoffs.

2. At least a third to half the team is playing for their jobs. The Pens acquired 4 new players and did not lose a single roster player. None of those four will be healthy scratches. They did send a couple down like Bennett, but it means a couple of vets who are regulars are going to lose their spots. This is one of the last games for some of them to prove it should not be them. At least those fighting for their jobs should be flying out there tonight.

3. I am going to the game. Now that most of the Pens likely know from reading it here that I am attending they will not want to let me down by putting in a crappy effort.