View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:32 PM
CrAzYNiNe

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You know the Habs, and all other 29 NHL teams, pay specific people alot of money to figure out ways to build contracts in a way to save money on the cap.
Yes, but offering Subban a bridge contract puts the Habs in a very bad position. How can you tell Subban to take less money on the first few years of his new contract after winning the Norris? How can you tell him that nearing the end of his contract that he signs at 25, that will end at 33, that he should have less money in the 30-31-32-33 years, when he is in his prime? The habs had a great opportunity to make sure we have a star player at a discount. All signs pointed to him being great, and they didn't want to risk it.

Having an extra 1-1.5 million because your best player is on favorable contract, not only for management, but for him (He still makes 30+ million in 6 years). I could easily be a capologist, money, numbers, projection, efficiency is why I became a civil engineer. Had I known their could be a rout that would have me working with an NHL GM calculating the cap and how to get the most out of it, I would of done that in a heartbeat!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote