View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Dan-o16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Dan-o, signing a guy like Ryder or Horton would be huge for this team, but I have my doubts that will happen. However I can see a trade going down. There are just too many forwards on this team right now and more in Bridgeport. It's clear that an upgrade needs to happen (Specifically on the top line) one way or another.

Even though it was simply a quick phone call, Garth did inquire about Hawks forward Brandon Saad, so I do believe he is looking for a top line forward and is willing to pay, but he has to be young and fit into the youth movement, etc. The problem is how many teams are willing to give up young forwards who can already play top six minutes and be effective at even strength?
Honestly, I kind of think that it went down just like a hockeys future trade discussion. Chicago left a message about Nielsen. Snow called asked about Saad. End of calls.

Or there were back channel word that Chicago wanted Nielsen, and Snow told them what it would cost. That's honestly, all I think there was to that.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote