View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:30 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm going to throw this out there, though - Erat has been a paradox for me his entire career. In some ways, I will never forget Game 5 in Chicago when he single-handedly changed our franchise and Chicago's franchise's history.
This is such bull that people have been fixated on some turnover for the past 4 years and jabbing Erat on the way out.

- Erat scored 4 goals that series, twice as many any Predator.
- That turnover (which was as much Joel Ward's fault for fumbling the pass), happened 180ft away from our goal. They didn't score for another 50 seconds or so, with our best players on the ice (Weber, Suter, included). So putting it all on Erat is horse ****.
- Multiple Klein turnovers that series resulted in direct scoring chances or goals. Not turnovers like Erat that didn't even result in a direct scoring chance.
- This wasn't game 7.

Erat has done way more good than bad, any is easily one of the best Predators in our history. It's appalling that people are saying he single-handily changed our franchise for the worse. APPALLING. I'd say he is one of the major reasons for the success our franchise has had.