View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Kind of sorry to hear that, actually. I have no ill will against Jordan at all. I do think it's a bad idea to count on him to create offense, though. He'll get his share of goals but he never struck me as being particularly creative, which is why having him on the 3rd line here was ideal. He had the more defensive role where he excelled and he was able to get some offense on the 3rd line as well. IMO having him on a scoring line was a disappointment waiting to happen. I always thought he was pretty underrated outside of Pittsburgh for the role that he had here but no doubt he has his limitations as well.
As I said above, I haven't really seen much of Carolina this season. But in the couple of games I did see (against the Leafs and ... I forget. Maybe the Leafs both times), Staal looked very inconsistent. One minute he'd be skating around looking lost, the next minute he'd snipe home a shot after a power move to the net. I think one of Staal's biggest problems is he still can't seem to bring his 'A' game every game.

With regards to what MTL said, I too wonder what it was that Shero saw in Staal to take him ahead of a guy like Toews. Not to dwell on the point, since it usually turns into a massive argument, but I think it's safe to say at this point in their careers that Staal's ceiling is that of a #2 center, while Toews is clearly one of the better players, period, in the NHL.