View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 02:35 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Thank goodness someone making the same argument. The worst thing about all of this is the fact that Homer constantly makes these "franchise player" type of contract agreements then goes and hides. When he went and gave Bryz the big contract it was like a statement of "You are our goalie for the rest of your career," and if that is the case, BUILD AROUND HIM. Build the D around him.

Don't go get a weak, overpaid guy from CBJ that you tell the media, "He's one of two." Just letting Bryz know after 1 bad/less than average season and a shortened season with one of the worst Defensive situations that he is going to share the load with a guy who had one good year...that's how u fix goaltending.

It's so frustrating
it is. I'm still glad that we signed him (not to that contract) and made the moves what i thought were to build around a goalie. that hasn't happened. we did try to make some major moves ( suter and weber) and we still are but that's how it is here. people would rather blame one guy for everything than look at all the problems we created by not only going with a lot of young unproven talent, but by losing the one major player (pronger)this team was built around. people can say he was old but he was still one of the best in the game and it looked to be like we were trying to get a solid 3 or 4 more years out of him. add in the injuries and inconsistency and there's your reasons. Bryzgalov is a better goalie than he's been here but i still think he's been good. his confidence went into the toilet at some point and he's had to work to get back but the people that hate him are not changing their minds anytime soon. His contract is murder tho. if he was signed for like 30m for 6 years i'd be fine with him but it really is just too much. we'll get another year out of him tho. he's not going anywhere yet. i like that we tried tho. i still think holmgren and laviolette will get us back on track.