Thread: Value of: Thomas Vanek (at the draft)
View Single Post
04-05-2013, 02:39 PM
HFB Partner
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by WestleySnipez View Post
He's a pure sniper. Look at teams in need of scoring, can't see them trading him to ANYONE in the East, unless the offer was to good to turn down (Amazing Prospect, 1st Round Draft +)

I think he moves to the west like Pomms did. Value though? Given the season he's had so far, I can see teams trading a 1st Rounder, Top Prospect for him.

I could only really see him going to Nashville, Phoenix, MAYBE Edmonton.
All the other teams in the West either have no cap space, no/limited ice time for him to play, or are rebuilding.

In the East, I see Ottawa and NY Rangers wanting him. But the likelihood of a trade between the Rangers and Sabres is slim.

Nashville: 1st Round Pick 2013/2014 and Filip Forsberg(Maybe thats why they brought him on?! lol).
In the defensive minded system of the Preds, scoring 25-30 goals would really help them out.

Phoenix: David Rundblad/Brandon Gormley and 2 2nds 2013 and 14
Would give Buffalo almost a surefire 2nd defenseman to play with Myers, Vanek replacing Vrbata/Hanzel on the 1st line wouldn't be bad. I think he could score 25 goals with those two. If they landed a half decent center, possibly 30.

Ottawa: Matt Puempel, 1st 2013, 3rd 2014
With Conacher in now, I think Puempel is tradeable(correct me if I'm wrong Ottawa fans) the 1st is a must for rebuilding Buffalo, 3rd for incentive. Vanek would be well worth it though, a sniper with more skill than Michalek, would help out on the PP. Michalek could play with Turris, giving the Sens a little more depth.
Of these, I'd take the first. Multiple firsts to package and move up in the draft plus an elite prospect = rebuild like a mofo.

Dutchess is offline   Reply With Quote