View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 01:46 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
I think you need to look at a map and should learn how to plan a bike ride.

The closest AHL city to Fort McMurray is actually 1772 miles away in Milwaukee Wi - which would be negligible for flight compared to Abbotsford. Considering that fort McMurray is 4 hours North of Edmonton and has a ridiculously long and cold winter season it's not a stretch to imagine that flights could be delayed from time to time during an AHL season as well. FYI Fort McMurray is 1984 miles from Oklahoma city - a difference of 110 miles compared to Abbotsford.
I may have misinterpreted your meaning. I thought you meant that the distance from Abbotsford to Fort McMurray was just as far as the distance from Abbotsford to the rest of the AHL, and that was what I was taking issue with.

Fort McMurray is less than half the distance from Abbotsford than OKC is from Abbotsford. Yes, the "bike ride" was hyperbole, and I'll take the hit for that one, but it's still significantly closer to Abbotsford than any other current AHL market is, and would improve the Abbotsford travel situation, albeit only marginally. That was the point I was intending to make. My apologies if I misunderstood your intended communication.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote