View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 03:09 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
The main reason I made this list, and I almost forgot to point this out, is to illustrate a major logjam at D in the NHL since I don't believe Dallas would have the stones to put Connauton or Gaunce on waivers. Just an FYI, Jordie Benn only has 2 years of waiver exemption so he will require waivers next season. That said, I don't believe they'd have any issues waiving him. It's doubtful someone would snatch him up.

Next year's NHL D though project to be:

Alex Goligoski
Trevor Daley
Stephane Robidas
Aaron Rome
Philip Larsen
Brenden Dillon
Kevin Connauton
Cameron Gaunce

Someone's got to go since I don't see them carrying 8.
I was talking to txomisc about this last night, and I have pretty much come to terms with the fact that Dallas isn't going to do anything with the above scenario other than trade Philip Larsen. I assume the move will be something similar to the Vincour trade. Rather than a D though they'd try and find a younger Bottom 6 banger.

Mainly, I think the decision to separate Dillon from Robidas was an eye towards next season. They likely believe Robidas is an ideal mentor for young defenders, and I could see them penciling in Kevin Connauton as his partner. Dillon and Goligoski get 12 games to get acclimated and see if they have chemistry. Then Rome and Gaunce duke it out, and likely split time, with Daley.

Dillon-Goligoski
Connauton-Robidas
Gaunce/Rome-Daley
Gaunce/Rome

Nemeth-Oleksiak
Morrow-Wrenn
Jokipakka-Benn/Fortunus/Klingberg
Baldwin

ECHL: Vance and Labrie

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote