View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 04:38 PM
DevilChuk*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
So much speculation on your end. The rangers traded him. That says they don't want him....pretty clear cut. He's saying somebody tries to trade you, aka, Gabby had to waive his no trade. So if he doesn't wave it, he stays with a team that didn't want him. Instead he's going to a team that did want him. So he decided to wave. You're reading between the lines and making assumptions.

I see you post a lot on our boards and that's cool, it's impossible not to have a little bias, but honestly, i don't think their was as big an issue as people are making it out to be. Gabby wasn't a full blown torts kinda guy, but i don't think there was a disrespect between the two.
Not really sure where I speculated as much as you claim about anything, or made any assumptions.. (or where I was biased, but that's okay.. meanwhile, I like how you don't bother responding to the Rangers fan that agreed with me ).. all I did was post his quote and say, as you pretty much agreed, Rangers didn't want Gaborik anymore.

There was obviously a rift between coaching/management and Gaborik. Whether that was disrespect or "not a torts kinda guy".. coaching/management didn't want him there anymore and Gaborik clearly felt that. From watching other interviews and how quickly he waived his no trade clause, I don't think the trade deadline was the first time he felt that animosity. It's been the writing on the wall for awhile this season.. many assumed he would be traded at the draft, don't think Gaborik and his camp came to the same conclusions?

Trades happen sometimes because they think the players they acquire will improve their roster.. and other times because a team thinks they need to get rid of a roster player for various reasons. I think this was a case of the latter though the Rangers got decent value. Gaborik was benched many times this season. He was demoted recently to the bottom 6 for a few games. Deserved or not, the message was sent loud and clear that Gaborik was no longer valued on the Rangers.

Big issue? Probably not or he would have been out sooner. I think this Rangers team with Gaborik (+ Clowe) is better (and a safer shot to contending) short-term than this Rangers team with Brassard, Moore and Dorsett (+ Clowe). Based on that, I was surprised they didn't wait until the draft to trade him.. especially since his value would have been nearly the same and they would have a better chance at getting a 1st round pick out of it.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote