View Single Post
04-05-2013, 05:00 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Eh, Howard has always been steaky. He'll go 0 for 15 and then blast 3 HRs in 3 games. He got a hold of one last night to dead center that would have been out in pretty much any other ballpark in the country. I'm not too worried about him.

Brown hasn't exactly proven he should be anything more than a 6 hitter at this point. He wasn't even a lock to make the team going into Spring Training. He'll get a better spot in the order when he earns it (I type this as he just blasts a home run).
I've always been a Brown fan and I'm hoping for a breakout year after his awesome spring. If the Phillies want to compete, Brown has to be a big part of that. And if the Phillies are struggling but Brown is hitting, I would really like him up farther in the lineup. I don't know what exactly he has to do to earn it?

And I'm not worried about Howard either. I know what he is and it's not gonna change. Just hard when Young isn't hitting either, right behind him. If Howard starts hitting then I really don't care what the lineup looks like. They'll score runs.