View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 04:05 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
When did I say I have no problem with him being ineffective in those areas (which you have blown out of proportion anyway)?

But ya, since he wasn’t the one that was directly responsible for it, and could of done nothing differently to avoid the GA, why should he be dinged for it? Of course it’s bad when you spend the majority of the time in your own zone, but why does Bolland get ALL the flak for that? I love Kane, but he isn’t doing anything to help Bolland out in the defensive zone. Neither did Sharp nor anybody else that has played with him. Bolland is always the first player back, and the last forward to leave our zone. ALWAYS!!!!!

I’m willing to bet if you put Bolland with Toews, or Hossa, that his all-around play would improve drastically.
Sharp and Kane are good in the neutral zone but were never mistaken for checking wingers. Bolland runs back to the defensive zone before the play is done in the offensive zone. Watch any top 6 center in the league for a few shifts and you'll see what's wrong with Bolland. He belongs in a checking role with gritty checking wingers, that's it. Yeah, anyone will look good with Toews, he wins board battles down low, when in the slot he's puck thief, and never quits on the play yet still can skate back to his own zone quickly. It's not Bolland's job to be the first man back..that's what D pairings are for. It's his job to make sure they're not outnumbered.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote