View Single Post
04-05-2013, 05:44 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
Excuse me? I know trolling in the Leafs' board is encouraged here, but this is a bit silly. Try to pry your head out of your ass for a second while I explain this to you.

I was hoping the Leafs would stick with Reimer and Scrivens this season and in to the playoffs to see what we've got. They did that, and I'm glad. It'll be interesting to see.

However - if, during the playoffs, Reimer and Scrivens prove to somehow be terrible goalies, the Maple Leafs may start to look elsewhere for help in net for next season. They would have to pursue all avenues, and acquiring Roberto Luongo for next to nothing may be an option they explore. Remember - the current CBA is for 8 years. Who knows what, if any, amnesty or cap relief options the next one will have. Whoever owns this terrible contract might be able to rid themselves of $10+ million in cap space by spending a mere $2 million. If he's retired at that point, it might even be $0.

I'm just saying you never know what might happen in the future. No need to get stupid about it.
The current CBA is for 10 years...