View Single Post
04-05-2013, 05:45 PM
vCash: 500
The big question for me was/is could last year's team have taken the next step if Sather kept it completely, or at least mostly, intact. I mean, if the Nash trade never happened and Prust was resigned, could we expect the Rangers to make it back to the ECF (in a more convincing fashion) or even to the SCF? I personally think the answer is no.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Rangers were extremely lucky last year. They won one goal games at an unsustainable pace, and they scratched and clawed their way past lower seeds before getting exposed by the Devils. I would not have been surprised if, even in a full season, that roster would have taken a large step back this year just due to regression.

That said, I am completely on board with the consistency/anti-churn crowd, assuming you are applying that philosophy to a roster that is capable of growing into something special. I like the current makeup and balance of this group a bit more than last year's, and I'd like to see very few, if any, moves made before the start of next season. Let's get that chemistry back and let it grow with what looks to be a more talented group holistically speaking.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote