View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Brodeur is turning 41 in a month. It seems like the guy doesn't age. Despite great numbers this year in 19 games, eventually it will be time for him to hang up the skates. I don't know what goaltender prospects the Devils have in the pipeline (which may answer this question).

Do they have any solid potential #1 goaltender prospects in the pipeline? If not, when do you guys expect they will make a trade for a future #1? If they do, how long until they will be ready? If not do you think they make a trade at the draft for a young goalie like Bernier or some one? I was kind of expecting them to pick up Ben Bishop yesterday but they never did... (the entire reason I came here to ask this question).

Thanks.

Edit* *I COME IN PEACE*
I'm sure it's been repeated, but right now, the Devils have Brodeur and Hedberg locked up until the end of the 2013-2014.

Barring some unforeseen immortality that Brodeur acquires, it's likely that he and Hedberg retire after their contracts are both up.

Right now, Devils have Wedgewood and Kinkaid who are our two main candidates to take the job. However, both Wedgewood and Kinkaid are inexperienced, that being said, it is likely we acquire a goalie to tandem with either Wedgewood or Kinkaid until one of them hits the ground running.

I could see us signing a Hiller-caliber goalie, to split the starts 50-30 with a young guy, for a couple years, before giving them the reigns.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote