View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
Don't forget we didn't exactly have a training camp this season either. With limited practice time, it's not that easy to "try things out" and see who fits where. The d-core as is has gotten us this far. Carlyle doesn't seem that willing to change things drastically without seeing it in practice first.
And I understand that completely. I just wonder what he sees in practice with Kostka that SEEMS to give him free reign (optics saying he gets lots of chances) yet Gardiner seems to (again optically) be on a "short leash" and plays like it.

Going by what I read on the game forums, Kostka makes a lot of mistakes, which with a growing team is understandable, yet Gardiner seems to be held to a different standard and not allowed to make them, which is why I do wonder how much Gardiner is in Carlyle's plans.

I'm neither pro or con for either player, just trying to understand the "seeming" mixed messages.

I agree with the shortened season/Leafs in playoff push right now, there's that move to get rid of the playoff drought and it may not be the time to judge Randy's decisions (but I'm questioning anyway )

Tinalera is offline   Reply With Quote