Old
04-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
JQ's problems are three fold

1- surgery
2- D corp
3- jacked up season

the guy underwent back surgery. i don't care how many 'experts' talk about it being a routine procedure. when you are dealing with the spine there is nothing routine or common about it. it's the friggin' spine and spinal cord, we don't move without it working properly.

the guy was cleared a week before the lockout ended. this means he likely had little to no chance to workout during the lockout. the offseason conditioning and strength training i am certain was put on hold all that time. most likely wasn't in pads and taking shots. it wouldn't surprise me if he literally went from being medically cleared to opening day without having been on the ice more than 10 times since winning the Cup.

no Greene, no Mitchell and rookies in the D. the pairs juggling...it's all been discussed ad nauseum. the Kings D this year is not the same and it has had a definite influence on his play.

shortened season, with a very compressed schedule. this means the team has had little practice time compared to a regular season. this has given him less time to get up to speed, get back in shape and for the team to work on the D zone.

all three of those are what's wrong with JQ right now. the reset button gets pressed this summer, which i expect will allow him and the team to return to normal.

JB is traded at the draft, JQ is the man for years to come

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote