Thread: Habs or Bruins?
View Single Post
Old
12-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I believe Carolina is a better team..., and am convinced they will make the playoffs.

Staal is an incredible young player....
Agreed. Carolina has an underrated group of players that've just been snake bitten. Combine that and some terrible coaching from Maurice which gives the results you see on the stat sheet.

Right now I like the collection of veterans and youth that the Canes have assembled, both up front and on the blueline. Not convinced Weekes is good enough, though.

I like the increased role that Staal's been given under Laviolette. And he's responding to it nicely by the looks of tonight.

For Montreal to even compete for the playoffs, Theodore needs to continue playing stellar hockey, key players all need to stay healthy, and some gritty bottom six forwards need to be obtained. I don't think the Habs will maintain .500 hockey between now and Begin's return without getting someone else to add grit to the third line. That's not to say Begin's a key to Montreal's success, just that the team needs a couple players who add that dimension to the club.