View Single Post
04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
was he a Norris candidate his first two seasons ?
This is the part where I go on faith. He wasn't until this year, it was the way he continued to get better that I found faith in his progress. There are two possible outcomes, being right or being wrong. I thought he could be a Norris candidate at some point in his career, specifically within this 6 year contract (my fictional 6 year contract). The way Subban played in his first 2 years, I gave him around a 4 M $ contract. After that the salary increased to equate the learning curve I thought he was on. Well he went and surprised us all and has come into being this "complete" package player.

Was he a Norris candidate in his first 2 years? No. Was I justified in believing that one day, this player will be a Norris candidate? Yes. Because of faith. (I'm not talking religious faith, I'm talking definition of faith: "confidence or trust in a person or thing"). The person that he is, the way he personifies himself as a hard worker. His ability on the ice, his performances against some of the best in the game, his desire to get better after every season, learning from his mistakes. These players are very rare, I have a hard time thinking another one is right around the corner.

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote