View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
That is not true. Someone just linked to an article where he said it sometimes bothers him that he doesn't have a letter but it doesn't gnaw at him.

As for who should get a letter, I would consider Rinne. It would not shock me if Legwand gets it.

But, we have no obvious leaders on the ice, which is one of the reasons we are where we are. We're trying to find an identity. So choosing a "leader" amongst the current group is no easy task.
Rinne would not be allowed to cross center ice or leave his crease area to speak with a referee which is one of the primary functions of a captain. Luongo was named an alternate with Vancouver last season, but decided to not wear the letter and instead had it painted on the chin of his mask.

Rinne is an integral part of the leadership core. He does not need a letter on his chest to be a leader on this team.

As for the other part of your quote, I think you are sorely mistaken. The team as a whole has struggled with it's identity this season, but if you truly watch the games there is no question who the leaders are and who routinely speaks to the officials. Klein is definitely a guy who would draw attention on the backend and Legwand is the guy up front that routinely fills many of the roles as a team captain even when he is not wearing a letter. I think both would be strong candidates for consideration.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote