View Single Post
Old
04-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Donegal View Post
McDermid will be a warrior for Dallas...but the Bruins just didn't have a spot for him.
This statement has to be one of the most overused statement yet, totally false that circulates on hockey boards. This statement, and frankly, I might have used it a couple of times as well in the past, ONLY exist to make us feel better about a trade or just letting a guy go. That and the "He wouldn't have done it here" type of statements.

The players himself, McDermid, could have been Boston 13th forward this year if you didn't want to dress him. Geez, he still could have been amongst your 12 forwards. A young player like that, that brings EXACTLY what Boston hockey is all about, there's always room for him. Now, again, Not dissing the Bruins trade as I thought that Boston did a hell of a job not sending too much away and getting a very good player in return so my comment has nothing to do with the trade, as you still have to give to receive. But to then mention how there wasn't any room? Come on.....Unless you are superstar team with 12 future hall of famers, there's always room to get younger. And if it wasn't this year for Boston, McDermid would have been a regular next year. Strangely, you would suddenly had room for him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote