View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Android 16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Not that it's what I want to happen, but how is there "no need" for such a thing? Would it upset you if we drafted Jones AND kept Kulikov?

Because, personally, having what would arguably be the best D-core in the NHL one day combined with one of the best goalies would be cool with me.

To answer the OP, I hope they take the best player available, whoever that is. To be fair, I don't think anyone here knows who that truly is with the exception of maybe a couple of people.

We judge and evaluate these prospects basically on like one or two games we've seen them play.

I'd be interested in seeing who everyone picks, and then seeing them post how many games they've actually seen said prospect play.

The logic on this board is mostly to take MacKinnon because drafting any defenseman is stupid, which is absurd.
We should pick the BPA. I also want DT to select the best option that will make franchise in better shape to consistently, make the playoffs and win a Stanley Cup. If he thinks that's Seth Jones, then great. I'm not saying a franchise d-man is less valuable than a franchise center, but the example you continue to mention isn't the most ideal franchise to use as a template, IMO. The Predators have developed and maintained a winning culture to some extent since their inception. Credit to them. However, something to keep in mind, their formula never earned them a Stanley Cup.

Last edited by Android 16: 04-06-2013 at 01:51 AM.