Ryan McDonagh - Keith Yandle
Jack Johnson - Paul Martin
Zach Bogosian

Goalies (x3):

Ryan Miller
Jon Quick
Cory Schneider

Notes:

- I'm pretty comfortable with my top 12 forwards all being there if the team were chosen now. I went with a more versatile player in Oshie for the 13th forward spot versus inconsistent or young players (Wheeler, van Riemsdyk, Saad, Wilson, Galchenyuk). Lots of young talent in play though so a lot will probably change between now and Sochi.

- I'm also comfortable with my Top 6 d-men as well, although Faulk is probably the only partial prediction. Suter and McDonagh are locks. Johnson is probably a lock as well, instead of right in the mix with others, due to his dedication to USAH. Yandle's game is suited for the big ice and Martin will take the veteran, two-way role occupied by Rafalski in 2010. I like Bogosian because he's still trending upward but more so because he never gives anything less than full effort - in a short tournament that's a key. But other guys like Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Orpik, Carlson, E. Johnson, Leddy, Fowler, etc. can/will be in play.

- Goalies will just depend on who's playing well at tournament time. Miller is struggling because he's probably sick of playing for Buffalo. Quick is struggling because he had a lengthy recovery from back surgery. And Schneider is playing fantastic but is the least experienced. Should be fun to watch them all battle.