View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 06:56 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Personally, I don't care if it sells tickets.
At the end of the day, the only thing that truly sells tickets is winning.

There have been defensemen who have been looked at as faces of their franchise. Weber would be the face of Nashville, but it just so happens that they have Pekka Rinne, an outstanding goaltender, on their team. Just like we have Jacob Markstrom and Jonathan Huberdeau here.

Was Nick Lidstrom not the face of the Detroit Red Wings before retiring? Is Erik Karlsson the face of the Ottawa Senators? I don't know who the face of the Boston Bruins is, but I'm guessing Zdeno Chara is up there on the list, no? And on, and on, and on.

The point is that defensemen, (especially defensemen who play half a game and are well-rounded), are extremely valuable, as well.

The face of our playoff team last year that sold tickets was a defenseman, as well, for what it's worth.

Let's take the BPA. The guy who is going to help us win the most. That could be a forward, absolutely. But it could also be the defenseman. Keep an open mind about it.
We all hope that this will be a winning franchise over year. I dont really have a doubt it is gonna happen with our future.

You are right. They are underlooked on almost every time. That is why you might not think about first hand.

Agreed, they can take a lot of ice time away. Still they might be more known around the league if they score goals. Though they can still be good defenseman ala Mike Weaver.

I am not really sure about which defenseman you are talking right now that sold the tickets in the playoffs?

For sure, but I still dont want Seth Jones. For us it would be the best if Colorado draft Jones 1st overall and we can draft second (MacKinnon). That will also mean Weiss will be gone. I dont mind it.