View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Brass wasn't rushed, but the shoulder injury really hampered his development. He returned to Drummondville following being drafted, then spend a season in the AHL putting up good numbers.

The next season he started out incredibly strong (25 points in 31 games) but his season was cut short after the fight with James Neal. He was in the running for the Calder and was rookie of the month for two straight months. After that, he was less aggressive.

He's never going to be the type of player that a defense-first, hard checking coach like Hitch was going to like. His trips to the dog-house have been well-deserved, and he has never responded very well to being scratched.

Brass was also very notable for being Mike Commodore's little buddy during Commy's time in Columbus.

The coaching carousel in Columbus hasn't helped, but Brass seems to play well for certain coaches and have difficulties with others. During the lockout, he and Dorse went to play for Salzburg EC, and then left abruptly. Salzburg's coach is Pierre Pagť, so no big surprise. Brass played the best for Claude NoŽl and Guy Boucher in the Q, so he works best with player-friendly coaches. Not sure how that will work in NY, but he needs mature. This is a terrific opportunity for him.
Funny, I knew that.

I guess what I meant was more along the lines of his expectations being a bit high and the organization wanting big things from him as soon as he got there.

He does need to mature, he seems like a bit of a sensitive guy. Hopefully being in NY with a few familiar faces, and having an opportunity to succeed is just what he needs. Torts can go either way honestly, he actually knows how to handle people. I think he may be a bit of a sociopath haha. He is a loud abrasive guy and he can seem really tough, but on the flip side he knows when it's too much (sometimes).