View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 09:33 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I liked how he progressed his complete game in College. When he was drafted I thought he might be pure offense, only making the NHL if he was a top 6 scorer. But he has improved his overall game, and I think he will spend next season with the Dogs and have a legitimate chance of being the first call up and sticking with the Habs. This summer will be big for him. Have a better understanding of what he needs to do to make the big leagues.
Agreed. yes he's made big strides in his overall game. When he was in the USHL and then as a Freshman you could see that he was much more of a puck hog and didn't use his teammates that well. The coach at UND moved him onto the point on the PP in his first year and as the sent went on he became a much better passer and wasn't just shooting from anywhere and everywhere. Over the 4 years his passing game imo went from average to what I would consider to be one of his best assets without a doubt and that made him a much more dangerous player as goalies/defensmen wouldn't know if he was going to shoot, pass or go for the deke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
If he makes the big club next year, where do we see him fit and does he have a chance to be a regular next year?

Patch DD Gally
Bourque Pleks Gio
Chucky Eller Kristo?
Moen Dumont Prust

Looking at that, I see our top 9 getting very crowded and we may be dealing at the draft to move up. I still see LL being a 3rd line winger next year and if we resign Ryder.
Personally at this point I'd be surprised if he was a regular next year, I could see him getting in games but I would assume that he will start in the AHL and get his feet wet there. I also would think that Leblanc would be back in Hamilton unless he has an unreal camp. I would also guess that Ryder will be long gone after this season as he's going to cash in somewhere else.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote