View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 09:56 AM
alphafox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
So I was poring over some mock drafts, and I was curious what players HF posters would have chosen. I took the mock draft from draftsite.com where we are picking at 13, 15, and 21, and I then used the top 15 lists some of us posters submitted on page 17 of this thread.

SoreLoser had us picking Zadorov, Pulock, and Mantha.

JacketsFanWest went with Wennberg, Domi, and Zykov.

My list would have picked Domi, Rychel, and Mantha.

Xoggz22 had us going with Zadorov, Gauthier, and ? (Xoggz' list was all taken by the time we got to the 21st pick).

Do people feel like these are the players they actually would have chosen (if other players are taken off the board as in draftsite's mock)? How do folks feel about these picks? And compared to the mock-draft picks in the last post?
I ended up Picking Domi, Pulock, and Lazar. I actually have two of these guys in my top 10 (see below) regardless of Draft Position. Domi has nearly as high a ceiling as the big five forwards. Pulock has a right handed cannon on the point and the ability to make any pass which will be a major help in creating offense at even strength and especially on the power play. Finally, Lazar is an enigma to me. Some have him as a first line power forward others as a third line plugger, personally I would like to see him at wing on Boone Jenner's line as I feel they would mesh well in the future as a second line that could take advantage of any match-up a shutdown/scoring hybrid if you will.

My current top 10 for Reference
Jones
Mackinnon
Drouin
Barkov
Lindholm
Nichushkin
Domi
Monahan
Shinkaruk
Pulock

Personally, I dislike the mock drafts because the inability to move up the draft really limits your options. I expect that we will likely see our 2nd, 3rd, and Savard all moved in to move up with our picks in the first round. I believe that we have the assets to move up to grab three guys we really want (i.e. Lindholm, Domi and Shinkaruk), provided our picks are all in the 14-20 range.

Last edited by alphafox: 04-06-2013 at 10:34 AM.