View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 10:55 AM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
Crucify me fella's if you must but I have to be real honest.. Ryan Suter IMO may be one the most overated players in the game.. I realize he does some good things and he has had some points as of late but that effort again the other night in SJ against Boyle was as sad and pathetic an effort as I've seen in a long time..If you are a young player looking to pattern your game after someone this is Not the guy..Defensively he's been a real big disappointment IMO..Misses his checks on a regular basis.. Doesn't play the body whatsoever... if he was 1/2 as good as advertised this team wouldn't be fighting for their playoff lives.. This team is Aweful on the back end.. Why Fletcher didn't bolster the back end at the Deadline is beyond me..
After Jay Bouwmeester, the best names moved at the deadline were Regehr, Murray, and Leopold. Look at what they've done this year and what they fetched in return and tell me we should've topped those offers. Murray and Regehr were playing #5 minutes, Regehr on one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

As for how Suter plays, don't have a problem with how soft he plays if the coaching staff wants him to play nearly 50% of the game. Too much toll on his body to last a full season if he played physical at that many minutes. Look at Clutterbuck, already appearing to wear down in his career because of how he plays for 12-15 minutes a night.