View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
This thread is more a sounding board for people who dislike the coach than it is a place for any rational or "all encompassing" discussion. When the team wins, nobody posts. When they lose, the thread is full of complaints. Posts about how much Torts sucks get quoted on and on and cheered along even if they offer absolutely nothing in the way of logic or examples. Posts that question the Tort sucks narrative get lost.

I've had to read about how Torts is going to ruin the new guys dozens of times in a handful of different threads. I've yet to hear any counter argument to all of these examples of players that either improved their production or held their previous production under Torts. That's fine in and of itself, but it's pretty frustrating to have those posts completely ignored and then keep reading the same stuff about Torts stifling everyone over and over and over.
Hehe is there one? Prust? He's scoring more than ever in MTL...

On a more serious objective note, I definitely think that Torts can be an excellent people coach. Motivator. Pushing a team to the level it takes to win a cup. Far from all coaches in the league have that.

But I definitely doubt (the correct word) if he in terms of X and Os, puts a team that just is miles less drilled than the other teams in the East.

I am no hockey wiz who have been around for ever. But I've followed this league closely, and especially the POs, for 20 years. You need to be more or less PERFECT to WIN a cup. Torts game plan was spot on 04'. Before the lockout. With the red line offside which took away and option of being creative in the neutralzone along with the clutching and grabbing.

Torts is not perfect in terms of game plan 2013. I would put him in the bottom 10 if not 5 among the 30 coaches. Our passing game is just horrible, it really shows on the PP but also in other areas. Other teams has put a ton of focus on being able to keep the puck within the their team and carry the momentum instead of focusing solely on cutting down on misstakes. And they have worked a that for years. We have done the opposite. Kept pucks along the boards in areas where it don't cost you if you loose it (like the game was played in 04').

So I definitely have huge concerns re Torts. It also pisses me of that he fails to take a couple of steps away from the bench and see what the successful teams in our mold are doing. His ego is obviously in the way from him doing so. Hell keep trashing the players instead and blame them for every loss.