View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 12:41 PM
nexttothemoon
...better... or not

vCash: 500
Well they definitely needed a 5 game win streak. Anything less and playoffs wouldn't even be a conversation now.

For most of the season I get the feeling fans and management/coaching as well were basically happy with "points" in a game... getting to OT and preserving a pt was regarded as a victory.

Problem is that basically shoots for mediocrity. I think it's critical to play for the win and nothing but a win.

I think this stretch where they know every game is a must win is actually good for the players. It makes the coach go for the win every game because single pts simply don't help... you spin in place and lose time which kills any chance.

Hopefully they play next year with that attitude to go for the throat in every game right from the start. It's a mindset that the players and coaching needs to instill in themselves and I don't think that was there early this season.

Inexperience, lack of veteran leadership, "defensive" coaching... whatever the reasons, the team has to get that killer attitude every game that win or lose they EXPECTED to win and were going for the victory for 60 minutes.