View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Ryan McDonut
Nash is a Bum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
And is that because Torts stifles offense even though there's a long list of players whose offense got better or remained the same under him? Or is it because this team iced a lineup with 2 struggling stars and 6 skaters who, even when playing up their standards, weren't going to put up any points?

The team was 11th in goals for last year with the same "stifling" coach. Maybe it's not the coaching that caused the offense to implode this year. Maybe it was two stars playing underwhelming games even though they've produced under the same coach in the same system in previous years. Maybe it was them combined with a bottom 6 completely void of anybody who is capable of putting up points.
i dont know what caused our offense to implode but the fact that torts didn't try to do anything to fix it is a problem. when he said "we don't really focus on offense in practice" when you're last in goals for is completely ridiculous. maybe if he said "oh offense is our number one priority right now and we're working on a better transition game and fix this problem" then i wouldn't be that unhappy with him. his stubbornness in my opinion is a huge problem. the disaster that is the bottom six is not his fault however. now that we have a real 3rd line center it doesn't look as bad