View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 01:39 PM
patnyrnyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
yes most Americans do not care about this tournament, but sometimes it isnt as clear as the best 7 dmen or best 13 forwards...sometimes there are a few players right with each other in the final selections for certain positions and I wish USA Hockey would start tracking the declines and the acceptions for the WC as the be all tie breaker.

If you answer the call more than the other guy for a tournament that isnt in the spotlight and is for love of country, you should get the nod over that other guy that has declined.. hands down. that is the way USA Hockey should be talking "we will not forget those that said no thanks, rather bake brownies during the WCs",,,even our star players need to answer the bell outside of when it suits them. give me a team full of players that want to represent their country, even dream about it, over a team of all-stars...didnt Herb Brooks teach us and you that 30 years ago???
World Championships is meaningless. As a Rangers fan, I would rather my guys resting after a long season as the first step getting ready for the following season. Pretty sure most fans think along those lines, as well. I couldn't tell you how the US did at last year's Worlds, who played, or when the last time they won/medal'd.