View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 01:55 PM
hab 4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Skating can be improved moreso than learned. If you skate one way for 13-14 years you can't re-learn how to skate and go from a poor skater to a good one...however...over the course of 4-5 years you can go from poor to average, from terrible to bad or from good to great.

For Gauthier I just think all the tough minutes(PK plus facing top lines a lot) he played the 1st half plus the longer schedule(coming up from MAAA) caught up to him near February 1st...

Before Jan 23rd 41 GP 16-35-51
After Jan 23rd 27 GP 6-5-11(includes playoffs)

I see this a lot on here, as soon as somebody mentions "a good defensive player" the next post talks about 3rd line center. I think Gauthier has #2 center potential, he'll never be a big sniper but I think he can be a 20-40-60 NHL player who plays tough minutes as well as PP and PK.
Agreed on your Gauthier assessment. I think he can become a quality two-way second line center in the NHL. One thing to consider too is that the Lavoie addition bumped him from the first line (and thus from being Trainor's center). Perhaps his first half offensive stats were a tad inflated to begin with