View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 04:09 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Although Steen is better at wing, I think the choice comes down to:

Do you move him to center and keep McDonald in the Top 9, or do you put Schwartz on the 4th line. I see no way Hitchcock takes a "healthy" McDonald out of the line-up, and he can't be a 4th line player (although Schwartz can be).

McDonald has won a Cup. He's not so bad as to be dragging the Blues down. Even last night, he had a great play where a goal should have resulted, in a game where overall he was not great. But he is one of the guys that I would be least surprised to see find another gear in the post-season. Its just his history. And knowing Hitchcock, I see now way McDonald is in the pressbox unless he's injured.

Chances are there will be a post-season injury at forward and then the lines suddenly become a bit easier to make. But until then, I think something with Steen centering the 3rd line (I'd love Perron-Steen-Tarasenko). I think Perron and Tarasenko have crazy potential, and I'd like to see them play together for a little while.

Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Stewart
Perron-Steen-Tarasenko

And then rotate the 4th line with Reaves in and out. Cracknell-Nichol-Porter.

I'm not sure which is the 2nd and which is the 3rd line....but it would be a hell of a headache to figure out how to defend that. You could rotate Perron and McDonald, I just prefer Perron/Tarasenko on the same line.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote