View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 05:15 PM
mightyquack
Everybody panic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
It was pretty big, yeah. Should still be a lot of it on YouTube.
It sure is, the Youtube user 'Australautern' has a 2 part video of it (from around the 60th mintue IIRC), also has heaps of old Lautern matches from the 70's onwards

Watching the old Waldhof v Kaiserslautern matches almost makes me want Waldhof to stop being terrible so the derby is properly revived. FCK u23 v Waldhof is ok, but it's not the real thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Always wondered that a bit, myself, obviously. Well, for one thing, the traditional clubs with a significant ultra scene all seem to have to hate those others, except for the odd exceptions of traditional and still existing friendships. Other than that, I think there's a bit of a cultural factor in play there. People from Cologne and the area are stereotypically quite open and direct, but they aren't exactly humble. (Citing the classic chant of "Knee down, peasants, the Kölner are here!") Kaiserslautern, on the other hand, is about as rural as it gets (among the traditional teams, anyway) and are in many ways a counterpoint to a place like Cologne. Well, that's what I make of the added spark between these two that I also recognized. Which I always find a bit humorous, because in many ways, I find the average hardcore supporters of these clubs to be among the more similar...
That's true, now that I think about it, the only teams were it's seemingly friendly for the most part is the likes of Bremen and Stuttgart, usually banners praising each other or the like appearing in the home and away ends. Other then that it's the old '**** you' to every other team Lautern play haha

Though I can't comment too much on the cultural differences, never actually been north of the Pfalz (unless Frankfurt counts). Though some of them sure do like to spam the Kaiserslautern FB page from what I've seen

Though I do like this bit of rivalry between the 2, atmosphere last night was electric, the game in Köln earlier in the season was a cracker as well. Much better to have these matches then FCK v Aalen, Sandhausen, Regensburg etc