View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Centers might be tough to find, but so are goalies. Just ask Tampa or Philly. The difference between the two trades is that Rivet was an unrestricted free agent and didn't re-sign in San Jose. And he was playing in the minors a few years later. Halak was a young goaltender with talent and upside. He is still a top 15 (??) goalie when healthy. Again, I love Lars, check my avy. But to compare the two trades is foolish. You need to stop only looking at it from our perspective. Two teams are involved in the trade.
Halak isn't really having a successful stay in St-Louis. Halak has only played over 50 games once in his career, and he didn't do that great of a job that year.

Rivet got traded and then played another season in SJ. He then signed in Buffalo.
That trade is better for now. However, Eller is currently producing at .5 pts per game. That's with very little PP time, on a third line, with a 19yo rookie and a grinder.
Put him in an offensive role, with better wingers, getting regular PP time, and you'd likely see his production rise. Not to mention, he's also still developing.
So depending where he caps off, it could end up being a better trade.
But for now, the Rivet one is better I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Well, we have too many centers and 1 of them will likely have to go. If I can get a top 10 pick for Eller, I would do it.
So you'd trade Eller away for a pick and hope to draft a player as good as him??
I don't want a pick for Eller, the only way I'd move him is if we get a similarly talented winger.

Otherwise, we can move one of our centers to the wing.