View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 07:17 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone Light View Post
Will they invite Manchurek to camp? Would they have the inside track on getting him as a FA due to being close to home as well as Windsor having a roster with several holes to fill at forward?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but with Johnson's legal troubles and Marchese's concussion problems, am I correct that the Spits currently only have 3 or 4 guys that could play in their top six? Rychel, Ho-Sang, Vail and Giftopoulos? And many consider Gift to be a 3rd liner. That leaves Verbeek, Studnicka, Graham and Bilcke for the bottom six.

With only eight forwards (assuming no Marchese and Johnson), something has to be in the works to move some defensive depth for forward help.
My guess is that Manchurek will wind up in Oshawa where his triplet brother Joe is
expected to make the team,a team which will be hit hit hard by graduation
As for the Spits forward situation I expect Marchese to be in the lineup at training camp,your questions re Johnson and others are valid,as I expect the spits to address
some of those questions thru the Euro draft,trades,free agents and inside organizational additions vis-a vis American signings etc
Dont be surprised if Austen Brassard and Carter Sandlak are brought in for O/A purposes,as well as the possible acquistion of Erie"s Steven Harper in exchange for
a young Dman,think Grahame Brown or Adam Bateman
Possible players moved would be in my mind Johnson,Studnicka,Pavelka and Bowen