View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 08:05 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
It would have been even better but for Vopat's rash.

I think the best trade ever was getting a 3rd from the Sabres for An*y *elmore, who was not only out of the league a half season later but was in the mighty German league by the following season.

Unfortunately, I just looked it up and we turned that pick along with another into Sergei Zoltok (RIP) and Brad Bombadir in an ill fated trade with the Wild. Interestingly, the Wild turned the pick into Clayton Stoner.... since *elmore played like he was stoned, that seems somehow fitting.
actually the best trade in Preds history was "acquiring" Ed Belfour from the Leafs for a 5th round pick in late June 2002.

Back then low salary teams who "lost" high dollar free agents got compensatory picks, and so the way the scam worked was a team that wasnt eligible for a compensatory pick(like Toronto) would trade a pending UFA to a team that was eligible for compensatory picks(like Nashville) for a low pick (usually a 5th or worse). then when the UFA signed elsewhere the team was awarded a pick, usually higher.

In this case, for "losing" Belfour, we were awarded a 2nd round pick in the 2003 draft... a pick we used on some kid out of Kelowna.. I think that panned out pretty well, despite his current contract

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote