View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 09:31 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
THIRD PERIOD

Segal and Noob on a 2 on 1, Segal with a nice pass to Noob, but he hits the outside of the net.

Not to worry, on the same shift, Segal extends his goal scoring streak to 6 games. I say we don't bench him ... Kreider, pass to Collins, drives towards the net, Collins back to Kreider, who slides it to Segal, who scores. See, I told you Kreider will get on the stat sheet tonight.

Segal has the longest goal scoring streak for a Whale/Pack player since 2006-07 when some no-talent grinder named Callahan had a franchise record 8-game goal scoring streak.

Talbot flashes his glove. And again a couple minutes later.

Jean takes away the puck and skates well creating a semi-fastbreak.

Talbot, 34 saves already, is doing in Hartford what Lundqvist was just doing in the Garden. The rest of the team is incapable of playing defense. Someone needs to buy them "Defense for Dummies" for Easter.

Sundstrom scores, but the ref rules that Talbot was interfered with. Tigers get a penalty instead of a goal.

Penalty on Tessier for tripping.

Segal with a good run shorthanded.

It's a Talbot show out there.

Dipstick is pulled for an extra attacker. Mash stupidly tries to go for a goal and gets icing. Klassen clears off the faceoff. Segal with a nice pass to Mash who fails to score in a near-empty net (it was blocked by a defenseman).

GAME OVER: Talbot with 38 saves on 40 shots, including 14 in the third period when he put on a clinic. The Whale announcer was overheard saying, "these guys are gonna give me a heart attack."

Last edited by Beacon: 04-06-2013 at 10:08 PM.