View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Boyle strings some good games together and has an off night in a game where Hank kept it from being 35-3.

Yup, Boyle needs to be dropped in an active volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
I don't really understand the Boyle hate sometimes. With Boyle, you get what you get. He's a grinder who can win faceoffs, play the PK, and score the occasional dirty goal. He's the kind of player you want in a physical playoff series. A big presence in front of the net for when they slow the game down. He was in beast mode against Ottawa until the Neil hit. Boyle has also shown some really good chemistry with Brassard in just 3 games. IMO, Boyle and Brassard need to be kept together. Boyle doesn't get to decide how much ice time he gets. Maybe in a back to back situation, Torts wanted other guys to get more rest, so he put Boyle in more because he knows Boyle isn't a defensive liability.
Completely agreed. I am not a Boyle fan and I think, especially with the absolute glut of forward prospects we have coming up, he is a very logical choice for a draft day trade. (I also think his pedestrian offensive abilities have cost Brassard points.) But, since the deadline, he's been playing with great confidence and has been impacting games positively. I know he made a couple of bonehead plays tonight, but he also made some very good ones. Torts overplayed him, but I don't get all the hate.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote