View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 11:18 PM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game (tough to make drive back to Bham after losses).

Just a few thoughts after reading through this game thread:

1) I guess its just me, but I don't have any problem with the team today. The first period was not very good, but I thought we picked up our effort and played about as well as we could considering who we were playing.

2) I am just wondering what people expect considering our circumstances right now?? I would really like to know. Look, I am as disappointed in this season as anyone else- it has SUCKED. It is beyond depressing knowing we are not going to be in the playoffs. But how can you fault the team's effort today- look at who we have out there, for crying out loud. Even with a full roster, we aren't half as talented as Chicago. But we are without so many key players- Wilson, Bourque, Gaustad. Erat is gone. Fisher and Hornqvist are playing hurt. With all of those issues, we played 125 minutes of hockey against the best hockey team in the world, and they have 3 goals, we have 2. I'd say that's a pretty good effort and as someone else pointed out, our guys have not quit even though many of their so-called "fans" on here have.

3) Once again, I just don't think this is our year- we have had so many things go against us you just have to laugh. We did a pretty darn good job limiting Kane, Toews, and Hossa, and their offense as a whole. But we made one huge mistake- the 2 on 1, and of course it winds up in the back of our net. That is kind of the story of our season- every mistake results in a goal it seems.

4) If anyone is criticizing Weber for that empty net play, I just don't get it- do you really think he was being lazy on that play?? I do not- I am not sure exactly what happened- if he lost sight of the puck or what- but I don't think he just decided to be lazy on one of the most critical plays of the game.

I know I'll get slammed for being too positive- but again, this season has sucked- no argument here on that. But I do believe that it has just been a weird season that has never felt right. We can't catch any breaks whatsoever and we have had so many injury issues that we pretty much haven't had anything close to a full roster all season. I just want to get this crappy, weird, never-felt-right season over and get ready for next year.

The rest of this year is going to be painful- no doubt. But I remain optimistic for next season when we will have (hopefully) a healthy roster. If the front office does what they have been promising, and add some pieces, and if Forsberg can make an impact sometime soon, I think we do have a lot to look forward to.......

Last edited by drwpreds: 04-06-2013 at 11:24 PM. Reason: add text
drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote