View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Reductio ad absurdum. I was showing that your original point was false because the logic it's based off of results in absurd conclusions if carried through. That's not a straw man, that's a legitimate argument.

Unrelated but I love how quite this thread gets after wins.
I'm sure you are a nice enough person but that doesn't mean I take what you say seriously.

My original post was my opinion. It isn't false to say a team shouldn't burn a timeout in the 1st period. It isn't something that most teams do. It isn't something that most coaches do. I don't think you understand that you only get 1 timeout in a game. This is hockey we are talking about. Perhaps you have this sport confused with Football or Basketball. I'm not sure nor do I care. You feel the need to defend Torts which is your right. I don't think he's as bad a coach as some posters make him out to be but that doesn't make him above criticism.

I would be wrong if a team could only be called for one icing a game. I would be wrong if a team had 3 timeouts a game. Torts using a timeout 8 minutes into a game is what's absurd. It seems like you feel the need to defend Torts from all comers but in this case you are wrong. Unless a coach needs to light a fire under his team a timeout should never be used in the first period to rest players for an icing.

I'm done with this argument.