Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
04-06-2013, 11:53 PM
Emptyvoid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I've always liked him in my limited viewings when he was a Blue Jacket and, not unlike MZA, he's been a difference maker since he joined the team. Going by my own eye test, I think he's already an excellent 2C. It's one of the reasons the team has looked so good since the trade - all of a sudden we have 1Cs on both of our first two lines and a 2C on our third. I think he may even still have upside beyond that. Notice how much more time we've spent in the offensive zone and how many more quality scoring chances we've had? Very hard to match up against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRCSKA View Post
He's also been in an organization that has had countless GM and head coaching changes. That screws up a young player's development.
I understand both points you guys are making. I agree we have looked much better since we've gotten Brass and for the reasons you've mentioned. It's only been three games though, three games won't erase five seasons worth of hockey with the blue jackets.

He certainly has the potential, hopefully in a new environment and with some structure he can live up to that role. However, to your point BRF, he looks great right now playing behind two other centers. How would he look as the 2nd center and thus going up against stronger competition?

I want to continue to have Brass around, regardless. Hopefully we can sign him to a better contract than what he has now. He can play wing too. However, if this team has to use Brass as the second line center, I don't think we are a contender.