Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 12:21 AM
NYRCSKA*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
I understand both points you guys are making. I agree we have looked much better since we've gotten Brass and for the reasons you've mentioned. It's only been three games though, three games won't erase five seasons worth of hockey with the blue jackets.

He certainly has the potential, hopefully in a new environment and with some structure he can live up to that role. However, to your point BRF, he looks great right now playing behind two other centers. How would he look as the 2nd center and thus going up against stronger competition?

I want to continue to have Brass around, regardless. Hopefully we can sign him to a better contract than what he has now. He can play wing too. However, if this team has to use Brass as the second line center, I don't think we are a contender.
We wouldn't be a contender now, but after next year we might. Fortunately we have Richards and Stepper till at least 2014. He has a year to prove he is the next man up. And Miller is a beast. He was the best player in the World Juniors. He's 18. He'll be close to ready after next year. Give him a 20 game stint next season but keep him in Hartford the rest of the time. He'll be ready when his name is called.