View Single Post
Old
08-23-2006, 01:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan View Post
I really like your optimism and I sure hope we are right. Guys like Fischer, Carle and Emelin will impress us too IMO, but we need to be careful and not get carried away. We have a great prospect pool but no real room on our roster. Gainey signed Samsonov and traded for Johnson that must mean that he feels that Latendresse and Kostistsyn are not ready yet. Johnson is probably there for only one season and could be used on the fourth line if one of AK or Lats has a real great camp however. But Samsonov is here to stay and with him, Higgins, Ryder and Kovalev all there until 2009 I really don't see any prospect winning a place. I'm afraid you have too much NHL talent and that we'll have a logjam in a not so distant future...
Gainey will keep the best ones... Dont bet your money on Ryder to be a Habs for long... Jonhson should be gone next year and I cant see Ribeiro coming back next year as well with Plekanec and Chipchura in the picture... Possibility of 3 spots open.. Chipchura should take the third line center one and look for Latendresse, Kostitsyn to be on the team. Grabovski as 14th foward?

As I said, only the best ones will survive and I just cant see our 2 best fowards prospects not doing better than some of our actual regulars.

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote