View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
if we're looking to point out mistakes... not signing Subban to a multi-year contract in the ~5M$ range was/is his biggest mistake thus far.

deciding not to pay massive trade deadline premiums for average players was a stroke of genius
Yup, good post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUpNHL View Post
I applauded this move...like it lot... a dman depth move. However, Wiskey is now going to be playing 20 minutes a game? Something he has never done in the NHL before.

I was thinking someone like Robin Regher... a solid experienced D.

Our defence is now going to be severely tested. I hope someone like Tinordi or Drewiski or Beaulieu breaks out and starts playing qaulity minutes.
I liked the Drewskie move and I'm glad we didn't sell the farm for a vet blueliner.

And how smart is MB looking for picking up Halpern for nothing? All of a sudden we have an effective penalty killer who can actually win faceoffs. Minor move but it looms large late in the game when you need those faceoff wins.

Ryder for Cole I felt would probably hurt us but at least we'd get rid of both contracts by the end of the year so I liked the move... now Ryder is looking like our best forward.

MB hasn't made too many mistakes as far as I can see. As Millertime pointed out, lowballing PK and signing him short term will haunt him but he didn't lose the player and it's not a huge mistake.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote