View Single Post
Old
04-07-2013, 09:30 AM
BrimStone64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
WOW! What a great AHL game. The powerful Texas Stars with several AHL veterans against the youngest AHL team that has actually become younger with the addition of Archambault, Hudon and Kristo.
Dogs were losing with 6 minutes left 1-0 when Patrick Holland tied it up. With 24.5 seconds left Charles Hudon, all 18 years of him scored the winner. Kristo was very discreet, I would rank his performance behind both Hudon and Archambault. Kristo IMO (amateur opinion) is no where ready for the NHL. WOW! What a great AHL game. The powerful Texas Stars with several AHL veterans against the youngest AHL team that has actually become younger with the addition of Archambault, Hudon and Kristo.
Dogs were losing with 6 minutes left 1-0 when Patrick Holland tied it up. With 24.5 seconds left Charles Hudon, all 18 years of him scored the winner.
Kristo was very discreet, I would rank his performance behind both Hudon and Archambault. Kristo IMO (amateur opinion) is no where ready for the NHL.
Archambault impressed me with his skill set and knack for battling in the dirty areas, he laid a nice hit on a big DMan, I came away pretty impressed with him.
Hudon really impressed me, he needs to grow quite a bit but he scores the game winner in the last minute and easily can compete at this level right now. Habs have a decision to make on Archambault, wether to offer him a contract or now, for my money he needs signed. He is very skilled and he reminds me of a Brad Marchand type.
Danny K is nowhere ready for the NHL IMO.
Holland, nice skill set, impressed me more than Leblanc who has regressed it seems. Bournival, great skater, great third line center potential, excellent on the PK.
Quailer is buried between Stortini and Hagel who both won some good fights.
On D I have to say this...Tinordi is a man among boys in the AHL. Dogs don't have a captain, instead they have three assistants, one of which is Tinordi. Make no mistake he is the leader of that team. He had two devastating open ice hits, one which had Francis Wathier start a fight with Jarred. Wathier is 6'4 and he got is arse handed to him. Tinordi needs a bit more weight but if Emelin is down, Tinordi is the guy that is needed to fill in.
Beaulieu was the best, most agile skater on either team, assisted on the tying goal, played a solid game. You can see his confidence by the way he plays. Very impressive young player!
Pateryn was quietly effective.
Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear Kristo is not close. Hudon could be a diamond in the rough though. I was thinking on calling up Tinordi also as he replaces Elemin's size

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote